Bayern Munich outlasted a pretty sound SC Freiburg squad to protected a 2-1 victory. It was a refreshing hard work from a staff that needed to display some daily life. Right here are some speedy hitters on the match:
- It would seem as if Hansi Flick has a distinct desire for his “choice” lineups, and it is attention-grabbing that Leroy Sane, Lucas Hernandez, and Corentin Tolisso (Bayern Munich’s 3 biggest signings of the last 4 a long time) are all not aspect of the finest XI in the eyes of the manager — at minimum as of still.
- Bayern Munich appeared like it experienced considerably more urgency to go forward early on than they had displayed in the preceding two online games. That was really refreshing to see.
- Thomas Müller’s go to established up Robert Lewandowski was great and the end from the Polish Hitman was soooo slick.
- The 1st 50 percent saw that aforementioned urgency, additional desire to drive forward offensively, extra structured and harder urgent, and just overall far better enjoy than we experienced witnessed anytime in the last month.
- I want to preface this by indicating that I like Leroy Sane, but when he arrived on for Serge Gnabry, the corporation and perseverance to press dropped off. Gnabry pulling up with a muscular personal injury afforded Sane the chance to make an perception. He begun sluggish, but got considerably, significantly superior in the next fifty percent. That was particularly encouraging. There was at the very least 1 “Flick Gone Wild” response minute, which the camera caught immediately after a Sane gaffe, but it was nonetheless a fantastic working day total and a wonderful stage for the former Manchester Town male.
- I imagined Philipp Lienhart was very robust for SC Freiburg.
- It appears to be as it Flick altered his tactics a bit — not majorly, but just sufficient to make a variance. The defensive line appeared to be marginally deeper, but the gamers had more no cost reign to press ahead. The change appeared to be the recognition from other defenders to rotate back if a fellow defender billed forward. It would seem like a simple thing, but that small little bit of depth came up massive rather a few periods.
- I assumed it was a a lot improved hard work variety Benjamin Pavard. He is a participant who desired a strong functionality and I assumed he provided just that. It was not excellent, but it was a ton far better and a setting up block for progress.
- Jerome Boateng and David Alaba had been definitely, seriously good.
- 1 critical factor of the video game was when Manuel Neuer had the ball and Alaba and Boateng have been in a large situation, Kimmich and Goretzka took turns checking in further — or both equally checked in deeper in a staggered position — which gave the Bavarians quite a several simple outs. This was an illustration of how the conversation, alignment, and on-area cohesion led to a much more absolutely free-flowing match. The German duo — when collectively — delivers a considerable edge to Flick.
- Alphonso Davies shed Nils Petersen on SC Freiburg’s goal and that is portion of that seasoning that the phenom continue to requirements. The finer points of the young Canadian’s video game however need to have a large amount of do the job (as they should, he’s even now just 20). At that juncture of the match, immediately after Bayern Munich had dominated — with the crew in the midst of an epic slump — a shed person on a corner simply cannot happen. Davies has to be improved and he will be…but it’s likely to get some time.
- Christian Streich is no dummy, at the time the activity was tied he parked a Black Forest-sized bus in Bayern Munich’s offensive end. A single-issue was all they preferred out of the recreation for it to be regarded as effective. Muller, even though finished individuals hopes.
- Muller’s recreation-winner was extraordinary and sorely required. A clutch target from a clutch player. Which is what a group leader does.
- Total, a pretty very good game from the Bavarians and a significant indication of progress.
Now…ahead of you get much too fired up, Tz captured this report from Don Balon. We can desire that the Don has turn out to be legitimate and — gasp — dependable, but that will like hardly ever come about. Anyway, The Don claims that Ivan Perisic could head back to Bayern Munich, but this is 1 of individuals “I’ll feel it when I see it” rumors:
Do Bayern have to act all through the winter break? There would be fifty percent a thirty day period still left to do one thing. A rumor from the Spanish soccer newspaper Don Balon, which is not constantly trustworthy, will come in useful.
LOL — “not normally dependable.”
As a end result, Ivan Perisic would be back on the checklist of the triple winner. The connection between the Croatian and Hansi Flick is “extraordinary” and the winger is only a substitute at Inter Milan. He is meant to flirt with a return to the Isar. Regardless of whether there is anything at all to the rumor can be hugely doubted. On the outdoors, Flick has four alternatives with Leroy Sané, Serge Gnabry, Kingsley Coman, and Douglas Costa — at minimum a few of them are best-course.
In any circumstance, Perisic raves about his time in Munich. “I experienced an amazing 12 months and gained a few titles with a excellent staff,” he mentioned on the club’s very own broadcaster Inter Television set.
I would be all about this go, but I just cannot see it occurring.
Robert Lewandowski has some very superior expectations for Joshua Kimmich:
Mesut Özil to Fenerbahce is a done deal and the paperwork is in the approach of remaining signed:
Bilgilendirme | Kulübümüz, transfer süreçlerini ilerletmek için Mesut Özil’i İstanbul’a getiriyor.
Club Statement: Our club is bringing Mesut Özil to Istanbul to continue on the transfer processes. pic.twitter.com/Wt0gR8xRSk
— Fenerbahçe SK (@Fenerbahce) January 17, 2021